As a classroom teacher then, now online help guide to my select and lucky angels, well, everyday hurdle has become tough, challenging and, sometimes, taxing towards the psyche. Yes, don’t assume all my learners have the capability to coping up given that they don’t have the necessary technology like android cellphone, iPad, desktop, laptop or any of those educational tools many of the lucky few have.
Well, in the said situation, I, first, think that parents could take a step worthwhile for kids’ education by exerting all efforts to have a functional cellphone right for a web-based class. However, you will find varied main reasons why some parents don’t have to be able to provide their kids such as a result of poverty, joblessness, not enough education or motivation checking up on current trends in education setup and delivery of learning especially this COVID-19 pandemic.
Anyway, there are benefits and drawbacks of learning online, specifically for blended learning, for youngsters and oldsters alike.
1. Kids is now able to have the time navigating the different applications around in order to getting lessons absorbed, applied to their daily grind.
2. Parents are able to see how their kiddos are utilizing their learning time. They may help them budget their time in order to do all task at hand sans getting other tasks put aside. Teachers, at all like me, are sending home guide for his or her students, serving as reference, because of their subjects being taken for the specific time, which has a amount of minutes included.
3. Kids can present their skills in using the world wide web, say in researching to get a story you just read, a photo to write down an essay on, and info about important events of all time especially during holidays and other commemorative exercises in Social Science subjects, to say one.
4. Parents have the time to assist their children using task in reading and writing, likewise the problems their kids encountering in numeracy, science etc.
5. Kids have time to become more talkative before their camera or what while answering questions, sharing stories and other activities where speaking could be the target especially about how they go to town, with confidence without the presence of in person interactions.
6. Parents, mostly, hold the chance to learn too, kind of developing a overview of their previous schooling; of course, with updated info where irrelevant ones ended up changed to correct one, particularly with Science subjects, say number of planets, etc.
7. Kids in addition have a way to become world citizens learning everything about the internet of things and collaborating with learners all over the world. Yes, teachers have to have somebody teacher from another country, say a Science class within the Philippines co-learning with Science class in USA regarding the different landscapes during wintertime, and, needless to say the sunny weather inside the Philippines. With videos, photos and the like, both learners over these two countries could practice a lot from each slide presentation shared through Google Meet, Zoom meeting, among other technological tools suitable for this purpose.
1. Kids no reliable internet connection stay behind with regards to learning online. However, with modules available around; well, people have to be able to discover the concepts, samples and deep learning once a conscientious teacher implements enrichment or remediation programs this sort of looking for those. Yes, creativity is key toward providing each of the learning possibilities to kids facing technological challenges in online learning. Aside from lacking those gadgets like android cellphone, lappie or desktop, internet load also gets to be a hindrance, for who can afford such when parents are jobless, in dire poverty and you determine what.
2. Parents suffer stress increasingly when their children can’t keep pace using their peers, neighbors competing using their kids, as well as other scenarios about unequal opportunities, an unfortunate reality majority during my class belongs to this case wherein preserving the Juans isn’t feasible to perform.
3. Kids, people who find themselves enterprising and many types of, head for online cheating. Yes, there exists a group chat where techniques to modules are now being uploaded plus a lazy bone will undoubtedly copy paste those and viola, obtain the perfect score, the buzz later much like highest honors and so forth. My dear, this sorry state of education could be a proving ground for future leaders who won’t do sane things but to self-aggrandizement, etc.
There you have it. If however, you be free from such challenges, you are fortunate enough coping with every one of these challenges, and would emerge victorious having continuity of learning amid this hard time. However, grit, resiliency and perseverance, could be our savior when facing these glaring realities. Regardless of what challenges have been in our way toward teaching/learning journey, we’re always expecting the best result through our very best effort. Keep head high, always. Keep safe, sane plus a saint. Cheers!
More info about online learning visit the best net page